Myrtle Beach Car Accident Lawyer
Representation for Auto Accidents in Myrtle Beach, SC
After a car accident, the resulting legal hurdles can be difficult to manage alone, especially while you’re healing physically and emotionally. Lam Law Firm understands this struggle, and we are fully prepared to offer injury legal services for your accident. We will guide you through the process and fight for the compensation you deserve so you can focus on your recovery.
Compensation After an Accident in Myrtle Beach
It is important to understand your rights as a victim and what compensation you may be able to recover after your car crash injury. Don’t face insurance companies alone. A competent and experienced accident attorney can help fight for your rights against insurance adjusters and the court.
If you have sustained an injury from a car accident, you may be eligible to receive compensation to cover:
- Medical bills
- Loss of wages (present and future)
- The costs of physical therapy
- Pain and suffering
How Our Car Accident Attorneys in Myrtle Beach Can Help
You may wonder if you should hire an injury attorney for your car accident case. Handling a car accident case without the assistance of a lawyer can quickly become overwhelming, especially if you are also recovering from an injury. Insurance companies may not offer adequate assistance and compensation. An experienced attorney can guide you through your case, handling complicated aspects so you can take time to focus on your recovery.
Our car accident lawyer in Myrtle Beach helps clients hold the individual or entity that caused the accident accountable, particularly if the case involves distracted driving. Every case is handled with skill, compassion, and the utmost discretion from start to finish. Having an attorney on your side not only helps you receive the compensation you may eligible for but we can also help you avoid any liability that may come up.
Steps to Handle a Auto Accident Claim
Being in an auto accident can put you in a shocked state. It’s always easy to reacted instantly to the situation. Below is a general overview of how to approach if you’ve been in a auto accident in South Carolina.
- File a Report – Check for any injuries and report the accident to local authorities.
- Medical Help – If you suffered serious injuries it is important to seek medical help.
- Negligence – You will need to determine who is at fault. It may not always be easy to determine this, which is why personal injury attorney can help.
- Evidence – Gather information from witness, statements, photos, and medical documents that may help you support your claim.
- Insurance Claim – File a demand letter to the insurance company liable of the fault’s party.
- Settling the Case – A personal injury attorney can help you negotiate settlements from the insurance company.
What are Common Injuries from a Car Accident?
In addition to property damage, you can suffer several injuries from a car accident that may require medical attention, put you out of work, or otherwise affect your life. Some types of injuries happen more frequently in car accidents than others.
The following are common car accident injuries:
- Head injuries – These include headaches, concussions, skull fractures, and traumatic brain injuries. They occur when a person’s head hits the steering wheel, dashboard, or window upon impact, resulting in minor or significant damage.
- Chest injuries – Since the head and chest are typically the first body parts to suffer the impact of a collision, they can sustain a substantial amount of force and damage. This often results in broken ribs, punctured lungs, and internal bleeding.
- Spinal cord injuries – Considered one of the most serious injuries an individual can suffer in a car accident, spinal cord damage can substantially impair movement and feeling, resulting in partial or complete paralysis.
- Neck injuries – A sudden and forceful impact can cause the head and neck to recoil, overextending the muscles and ligaments of your neck and upper back muscles. These neck injuries, commonly referred to as whiplash, can make head movement painful and may last for weeks or months.
- Superficial injuries – People often sustain lacerations, bruises, and abrasions from minor crashes. While these injuries are not severe, they must be treated immediately. If you sustain a deep cut from broken glass, for example, it may require stitches or additional surgeries, and it could cause an infection if left untreated.
- Psychological injuries – Car accidents can be a horrific and traumatizing experience for all parties involved. This is particularly true for children who witness or suffer significant injuries as a result of a collision. On-going therapy and medication may be required to treat psychological harm.
If you were involved in a car accident and suffered an injury, it is important to reach out to a Myrtle Beach car accident attorney as soon as possible to help you recover your needed compensation.
Reach Out to Our Auto Accident Law Firm Today
Were you or a loved one involved in an accident in Myrtle Beach or the surrounding areas? You may have a valid claim to file in order to pursue compensation. We are confident that our Myrtle Beach accident attorney can get you a favorable outcome.